Foreign Investment Law Briefing - Shanghai
On 24th September, Dezan Shira in collaboration with the Australian Chamber of Commerce Shanghai will co-host a seminar on China's Foreign Investment Law (FIL).
On March 15th, 2019, the 13th National People’s Congress (NPC) approved the FIL, which will come into force on January 1st, 2020. The FIL, upon taking effect, will replace the three existing laws on foreign investment (FIEs). Dezan Shira Associates will provide a presentation of the highlights of FIL and analyze the changes and challenges that investors may face after the new law take place.
I. Historical Evolution
• FIEs were published to attract foreign investments and set forth legal foundations for the foreign investors practicing business in China
• Chaos and diversities co-exist among different local policies and practices; thereof pushed the increasing demand of a simplified and unified legislation to govern foreign investment
• Why passing the FIL
II. Highlights of Changes & Impacts
• Innovated principles laid down by FIL
• Comparison between FIEs and FIL
• Issues to be clarified by supplementary regulations
1:30pm-2:00pm Registration and Networking
2:00pm-2:05pm Opening address by AustCham SH
2:05pm-3:45pm Presentation by Allan Xu and Chenchen Liu
3:45pm-4:00pm Q&A Session
4:00pm Closing words
- Allan Xu, Business Advisory Services Manager, Dezan Shiras & Associates
- Chenchen Liu, Business Advisory Services Senior Associate, Dezan Shiras & Associates
Chenchen Liu works as a Senior Associate in Business Advisory team of Dezan Shira & Associates Shanghai office. She provides professional legal services in various aspects, including but not limited to business investment advisory, contract drafting and reviewing, labor disputes solving, intellectual property registration and M&A service.
Before joining Dezan Shira & Associates, Chenchen worked in a domestic law firm in Shanghai, mainly focusing on M&A projects and providing legal services, including M&A restructuring and transaction documents drafting, contract reviewing and commercial negotiation supporting.
Chenchen obtained her LLB in Maritime Law from Shanghai Maritime University, LLM in Commercial Law from University of Edinburgh and holds the Certificate of Lawyer’s Qualification.
AustCham SH Member: 60 RMB | Non-member: 120 RMB
For Registration, please click below registration button.
If any question, please contact: Phoebe Chen