Investing into India: Legal and Tax Update
Join Bloomberg BNA for a two-day technical update with live group instruction on the latest legal, tax and financial issues facing companies with operations or business opportunities in India.
• Legal and regulatory issues for doing business in India
• Tax and legal strategies for funding new and existing investments and repatriating profits
• Tax and legal issues in structuring mergers and acquisitions or joint venture transactions in India
• New developments on how the tax and legal system works in India
• Transfer pricing planning and compliance in India
• Recent developments in corporate governance in India
• Legal and tax aspects of utilizing intellectual property and resolving commercial disputes
• Investment opportunities in key sectors such as: healthcare, infrastructure, aerospace and defense
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
The Indian economy with a population exceeding one billion, with more than 300 million in the middle class, has been growing at nearly 7 percent and economists believe India will one-day overtake the U.S. to become the second largest economy in the world after China. India continues to attract Foreign Direct Investment with interest moving from software & IT into manufacturing, consumer products, health care, high tech and defense sectors. Notwithstanding the opportunities, India is a tough place to do business and challenges exist such as: corruption, back ups in the court system, infrastructure shortages, complex and ever changing tax laws & compliance requirements and shortages of qualified skilled professionals and need for adequate public education.
This conference offers a unique opportunity to learn from a faculty of experienced global professionals with in-depth knowledge of the Indian market while networking with other professionals and corporate executives seeking answers to similar questions and issues. For anyone currently doing business in India or considering investing in India, this is a must-attend event.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This introductory to intermediate level conference with group live instruction is a must for those participants listed below. There is no prerequisite for this transitional and non transitional program which is appropriate for both newly admitted attorneys and experienced attorneys.
• International business development executives
• Corporate tax and financial executives
• In house tax & legal counsel
• Outside legal counsel
• Lawyers, accountants and consultants
• Project managers
• Executives responsible for business activities in India
• Commercial and investment bankers
• Institutional investors
For further information and to register for the event, please go here.