Webinar: Managing the Workplace Environment in the U.S. and China
Dezan Shira & Associates, in collaboration with Conn Maciel Carey LLP, will co-host a webinar 'Managing the Workplace Environment in the U.S. and China' on 14th of November, providing an engaging overview on best practices in relation to workplace regulatory environment in the U.S. and China, with a particular focus on manufacturing sector issues.
The webinar will cover how to effectively manage your workforce and reduce the risk when opening new businesses in China or the U.S., as well as an overview of the relevant laws in each country, introducing regulations on wages/hours, discrimination, and work safety requirements with practical advice and real case studies to be shared throughout. We will also compare workplace regulations in the two countries, explaining the differences from regulatory, regional and cultural aspects, and covering potential pitfalls, opportunities and best practices.
The webinar will cover the below key topics:
Conn Maciel Carey LLP:
Top workplace challenges to consider when opening a business in the U.S. including:
- Overview of the wage/hour laws and best practices for the implementation;
- Discrimination laws in the U.S. and how they may affect your business
- Introduction to the workplace safety requirements in the U.S.
Dezan Shira & Associates :
- Utilizing the different methods of hiring methods for the manufacturing industry in China; A comparison between Direct Hire, Dispatch, Outsourcing and utilizing Independent Contractors in China. Practical advice on the best practices.
- Introduction to the standard working hour/wage system as well as special piecework system applicable in manufacturing sector in China;
- An overview of China laws against hiring method, sexual, disabled, epidemical, religious and racial discrimination;
- What are work safety liabilities in China and what it means for US businesses managing operations in China
Kara M. Maciel is a founding partner of Conn Maciel Carey and Chair of the firm’s national Labor • Employment Practice Group. She focuses her practice on representing employers in all aspects of the employment relationship.
Micah Smith is a partner with the firm’s national OSHA • Workplace Safety Practice Group. His practice focuses on occupational safety and health law.
Vivian Mao is a Regional Manager at Dezan Shira & Associates, in charge of East China including Shanghai office and other offices surrounding. Together with the blended team, Vivian provides foreign entities entering China with comprehensive investment and management advice, and guides investors through the process of business plan, establishment, maintenance and expansion.
If you are located in Asia, please register here (webinar @ 2pm CST):
If you are located in the US, please register here (webinar @ 11am PST, 2pm EST):