Dr. Michael A. Machica is the Founder & Managing Partner of the Machica Group which represents Dezan Shira & Associates in the Philippines as part of the Dezan Shira Asian Alliance. Machica Group is composed of Machica FIRM, Inc. and Machica Tan-Cruz & Co., CPAs.
The Philippine practice was formed in 2000 and provides national coverage across the Philippines with its offices in Makati, Manila, and Tacloban plus a representative office in Cebu. The experience and expertise of the Founder dates back to 1991 when he started his career as an audit associate at SGV & Co. (a member practice of Ernst & Young) – the biggest professional service firm in Southeast Asia. Further, the Founder’s business knowledge and leadership capabilities are honed with his exposures in Asia, Europe, U.S., the Pacific, and Australia.
As a full service firm, Machica Group is among the leading service providers for corporate establishment, foreign direct investment consulting, international tax planning and transfer pricing advisory, tax compliance and tax filings, audit and assurance, finance, accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and regulatory compliance, insurance, health care, and investment underwriting, and risk consulting. Together with affiliate law firms, Machica Group also renders legal advisory on corporate laws, investment laws, immigration laws, labor laws, tax laws, and applicable regulations.
Michael Machica is a Filipino registered accountant who earned his Accountancy (cum laude), M.B.A. (class valedictorian), and Ph.D. (with distinction) degrees in the Philippines. He also holds Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) international certifications issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors, U.S.A. He has a substantial post-graduate education earned from premier institutions in Europe and Asia as follows:
- International Taxation (cum laude), Munster University, Germany
- International Tax Law, International Tax Center Leiden, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- International Corporate Governance, Nyenrode Business University, The Netherlands
- Professional Service Firm Leadership, University of Cambridge Judge Business School, U.K.
- Risk Management, Indian School of Business (in association with Kellogg School of Mgt.), India
- Global Entrepreneurship, Handong Global University & UNESCO UNITWIN, South Korea
- Program for Quality Management, AOTS, Japan
- Advanced Strategic Business Management, AF Consult & SIDA, Sweden