Stay on top of the latest business news from across Asia. Here we bring you a selection of the latest articles on economic, regulatory, tax, HR, and payroll developments published on our respective regional platforms.
China’s Position on Global Digital Governance
In its "Positions" on global digital governance, China reaffirms its stand on sovereignty and responsible technology practices.
- Understanding China’s New Regulations on Generative AI
- China’s Startup Landscape - Industries, Investment, and Incentive Policies
- A Complete Guide to China's Visa-Free Policies
India to Clear M&A Proposals Between 15-60 Days
Fast-track mergers and acquisition (M&A) proposals in India will now benefit from an even more simplified process from June 15, 2023.
- India Surpasses China in M&A Fees for Western Investment Banks
- M&A as a Corporate Strategy to Leverage Technology, Embrace Digital Disruption in India
- How to Ensure the Success of Your M&A Deals in India?
Northern Vietnam Industrial Parks: Benefits and Challenges
In this article the Vietnam-Briefing explores what to expect when establishing a manufacturing plant or factory in one of northern Vietnam’s industrial parks.
- Vietnam’s Electricity Sector: Challenges and Prospects for Foreign Investment
- How to Register a Trademark in Vietnam
- Tax Obligations for Non-Resident Property Owners in Vietnam
Investment Hotspots in the Philippines: Promising Sectors to Watch
The Philippines is working to move up the global value chains, thereby presenting foreign investors with newfound opportunities.
- A Guide to Withholding Taxes in Indonesia
- Opportunities for Foreign Investors in the Philippines – Latest Issue of ASEAN Briefing Magazine
- Changes to Customs Procedure for the Import of Digital Products to Indonesia
Afghanistan Accepted Into China’s Belt & Road Initiative
Agreement with Pakistan for Taliban’s involvement sealed in Islamabad with projects already underway China and Pakistan have agreed to extend the Belt and Road Initiative into Afghanistan, potentially drawing in billions of dollars to fund infrastructure projects in the sanctions-hit country, according to Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry. The agreement was reached in Islamabad on Sunday (May[.....]
- China Increases BRI Investments Into Iran By 150%
- Russian President Putin To Visit China For International Belt & Road Forum In September?
- All Agreements, Grants, and Initiatives Approved at the Central Asia–China Summit
Russian Auto Manufacturers Look To East African Assembly Plants
Russia’s Sanctions Road Initiative Leading To New Regional Investments By Chris Devonshire-Ellis Russia’s auto manufacturers are looking to Africa for price competitive operations as the Russian ‘Sanctions Road Initiative’ spreads its routes further away from Western influence. Evgeny Terekhin, Moscow’s Ambassador to Addis Ababa, in Ethiopia, has said that several Russian auto manufacturers were[.....]
- US Fashion Brand 'Guess' Reacquires Russian Business: Analysis
- The Russia-China Business Forum in Shanghai: Trade & Development Overview
- Chris Devonshire-Ellis Interview About The Eurasian Economic Forum and Potential For An India-EAEU Free Trade Agreement