Stay on top of the latest business news from across Asia. Here we bring you a selection of the latest articles on economic, regulatory, tax, HR, and payroll developments published on our respective regional platforms.
China to Lift Restrictions on Australian Coal Imports
We discuss China lifting restrictions on Australian coal imports and its impact on business, trade, and commercial opportunities between the two countries.
- US-China Trade in Goods Hits New Record in 2022 - What Does it Mean for Bilateral Ties?
- Breakdown and Analysis of China's Economic Data for January and February 2023
- Preparing for China’s Annual CIT Filing: How to Deal with Book-Tax Differences
Surge in Smartphone Exports from India Show Incentive Schemes Work
Through initiatives like the production-linked incentive schemes, India is successfully boosting domestic electronics manufacturing and exports amid ambitions to move up the global value chain.
- India's Semiconductor Landscape: Government Support and Investment Trends
- South Indian State of Karnataka Liberalizes Labor Law After Lobbying by Apple, Foxconn
- India Tightens Release of FAME-2 Subsidies for EV Makers, May Not Extend Scheme
Explained: Vietnam’s Real Estate Market Turmoil
Vietnam’s real estate market has been struggling of late under the weight of a number of challenges. Here’s what foreign investors should know.
- Vietnam’s Import-Export Turnover Tops US$49.3 Billion in February
- Investing in Aquaculture in Vietnam
- Vietnam's Data Market: Overview, Regulations, and Current Competition
Philippines Ratifies RCEP Agreement: Opportunities for Businesses
Having ratified the RCEP agreement in February, we discuss prospects in key growth sectors in the Philippines - agriculture, BPO, and electronics.
- Indonesia's Top Sectors to Watch for in 2023
- New Due Diligence Requirements for Corporate Finance Advisers in Singapore
- Singapore Budget 2023: Impact for Businesses
Egypt Becomes A Member Of The BRICS New Development Bank
Joins the original five members plus Bangladesh and UAE in acquiring a position within the BRICS bank equity In a sure-fire move that can be expected to usher in Egypt as a full member of the BRICS grouping, Cairo has taken an equity position within the New Development Bank (NDB). Previous equity was divided equally[.....]
- Uzbekistan Wants China Relations To Progress From Trade To Investment
- Chris Devonshire-Ellis Discusses China's Belt & Road In The Russian Context & Xi Jinping's Visit To Moscow With CGTN
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation & Eurasian Economic Union To Strengthen Economic Partnership
Russia, China, Propose Global Trade and Cooperation 'New Era'
Joint statement proposes a multi-polar world: existing allies may have the collective means to globally instigate this. By Chris Devonshire-Ellis Now the dust has begun to settle concerning the Moscow summit held between Russian President Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping, we can examine the strategic trade issues both sides commented on in their Joint[.....]
- EBRD Report: Anti-Russian Sanctions Are Boosting Central Asian Economies
- Russia's Transport Industry Adapts To A New Way Of Life
- EAEU Sovereign Currency Usage To Increase To 80-85% Of Total Trade