Stay on top of the latest business news from across Asia. Here we bring you a selection of the latest articles on economic, regulatory, tax, HR, and payroll developments published on our respective regional platforms.
China has increased the ratio of additional deduction on manufacturing firms’ R&D expenses from 75 percent to 100 percent.
- China’s Tax and Fee Cuts Extended or Released After 2021 Two Sessions
- Beijing’s E-Town Rolls Out Favorable Policies to Boost High-Tech Development
- China Clarifies Duty Exemption Policy for Foreign Investment in Encouraged Industries
We explain how India's GST regime benefits manufacturers/suppliers and job workers, what are the rules of compliance, and how the tax incidence is assessed.
- India Requires These Additional Company Disclosures from April 1, 2021
- India’s DTAA Regime: A Brief Primer for Foreign Investors
- Establishing a Joint Venture in India
Located on Vietnam's North Central Coast, Nghe An province has the potential to become an investment hub not only in Vietnam but in Southeast Asia.
- Vietnam Business Operations and the Coronavirus: Updates
- Vietnam’s Southern Key Economic Region: Opportunities for Investment
- Why Reforms are Necessary Despite Vietnam's Successful Containment of Pandemic
Indonesia has increased its social security premiums for Class III participants but has reduced the maximum wage base for pensions for 2021.
- Indonesia’s Omnibus Law: Significant Changes for Contract Workers
- Singapore Faces Succession Setback, but Should be Business as Usual
- Thailand Approves Latest Economic Relief Package for Businesses
Op/Ed by Chris Devonshire-Ellis With the United States set to pull its remaining troops out of Afghanistan on September 11, China and Russia now have the opportunity to install security and build much-needed infrastructure in a long-neglected region. The success of the joint-China-Russian phase of control over central Asia depends upon securing pace in Afghanistan.[.....]
- Putin & Xi Push the United States Out of Central Asia
- China’s Belt & Road And Beyond – April 12, 2021
- The US Military Is Set to Withdraw from Afghanistan On May 1. What Happens Next?
The Russian Government Commission has approved the draft law of the Ministry of Economic Development on a simplified procedure for issuing residence permits to foreigners in exchange for investments, according to two sources close to the Cabinet. The proposal will also include an extension to family members of the applicant. The draft law must now[.....]
- No Russia-UK Trade Deal, But Moscow & London Follow Similar Trade Strategies in Asia
- Russia's Foreign Ministerial Discussions in Pakistan: Analysis
- Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov meets Indian Foreign Minister Jaishankar In New Delhi: Report and Analysis