In this issue we illustrate our recent annual series of meetings with various Chinese Ministries and Senior Officials to try and get a picture of what is happening in terms of economic development in China, the development of the nation, and the impact this is likely to have on foreign investors in the country. This year's meetings were highly informative and should provide useful pointers for investors in terms of their ability to assess where their businesses should be going and aiming for in the next decade. We complete the issue with an overview of some of the recent regulatory changes that affect foreign businesses in China in the tax, labor and property areas.
- Liu Min Kan, Chairman, CBRC
- Wang Xiao Hua, Vice Director-General, Tax Policy, MOF
- Wang Li, Vice-Commissioner, SAT
- Sun Songpu, Vice Minister, Customs
- Tu Guangshao, Vice Chairman, CSRC