Human Resources & Payroll in China 2016-2017 (5th Edition)Published: August 2016
A firm understanding of China’s laws and regulations related to human resources and payroll management is absolutely necessary for foreign businesses in China. This edition of HR and Payroll, updated for 2016/17, navigates China’s laws and regulations related to HR and payroll management – essential information for foreign investors looking to establish or already running a foreign-invested entity in China.
This publication has now been updated. To access the latest edition, please click here
ShareTell a Friend
- No. of Pages: 127 pages
- ISBN: 978-988-14804-9-1
A firm understanding of China’s laws and regulations related to human resources and payroll management is essential for foreign investors who want to establish or are already running foreign invested entities in China, as well as to location managers and HR professionals who may need to explain complex points of China’s labor policies.
In China, there is a wide range of government institutions involved in HR processes, and while key laws are drafted by the central government, numerous bylaws and regulations are instituted at a local level. The topic is too complex to be covered in complete detail in one book, so the term “guide” is quite appropriate for the nature of this publication. However, companies should still seek professional advice to deal with any specific situation they face relating to HR.
This guide was created in mid-2016 with the latest information available at the time. It was written in consultation with Dezan Shira & Associates, a specialist foreign direct investment practice providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in emerging Asia.
Since its establishment in 1992, the firm has grown into one of Asia’s most versatile full-service consultancies with operational offices across China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Vietnam as well as liaison offices in Germany, Italy and the United States. Dezan Shira & Associates’ experienced business professionals are committed to improving the understanding and transparency of investing in emerging Asia.
- Recruiting Professionals in China
- China Recruitment Challenges
- Candidate Identification
- Hiring Staff
- Direct Hiring & Labor Contracts
- Payroll and Staff Administration
- Structuring a Salary Package
- Work Hour Systems and Overtime Payments
- Mandatory Social Securities
- Statutory Vocations and Payment Calculation
- Additional Payroll Costs
- Calculating and Filing Individual Income Tax
- Distributing Salaries
- Outsourcing Payroll
- Terminating Employees
- Terminating During the Probation Period
- Terminating During a Fixed-Term or Non-fixed Term Contract
- Terminating at the End of a Fixed-Term Contract
- Employees Not Allowed to Be Terminated
- Termination Pay and its Tax Treatment
- Employing Foreign Workers
- Overview of China’s Visa System
- Short-Term Work in China
- Sending Your Chinese Staff Abroad
- Appendix: Social Welfare Contribution Tables