Asia Briefing has proudly cooperated with the U.S. Commercial Service to publish the 2013 edition of the China Business Handbook, with chapters contributed by selected foreign investment firms, including Dezan Shira & Associates.
“The China Business Handbook looks closely at important e-commerce trends, explores buyer behavior, provides data to better forecast and target opportunities, reviews key industry sector developments, and discusses key considerations for making sound business decisions. Take advantage of the opportunities that the knowledge and expertise this Handbook provides as you enter or expand your China business,” urges Minister Council for Commercial Affairs for the U.S. Commercial Service in China and the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, William Zarit, in the Handbook’s introduction.
In addition to the hard copies being distributed to U.S. Chambers of Commerce, world trade centers and Department of Commerce offices across the United States and China, complimentary PDF copies are also available here for download.
Ch 1 Market Overview
- Market Challenges
- Market Opportunities
- Market Entry Strategy
- Selling U.S. Products and Services
- Select Selling Factors
Ch 2 Consumers, Ecommerce and Media in China
- A Glimpse at Shopping Behavior in China
- The Ecommerce Revolution
- An Overview of Media in China
- Foreign Media Guidelines and Policies
Ch 3 China’s Expanding Marketplaces
- China’s Nighttime Lights Show Urbanization Trends
- China’s Growth by Region
- China’s Cities
- Within China’s Cities - Finding Local Opportunities
Ch 4 Establishing and Running a Business in China
- What are my options for investment?
- How do I establish a company?
- What are China’s major taxes?
- How do I repatriate profits?
- How do I hire and pay employees?
Ch 5 Industry Opportunities
- Food and Beverage
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Infrastructure
- Luxury Goods
- TV and Film
Ch 6 Using Hong Kong as a Gateway
- Hong Kong’s Advantages
- Outsourcing Elements of Your International Trade
- Dividend Repatriation from China to the U.S.