China’s New Foreign Investment Law Briefing - Shanghai
On 30th October, Dezan Shira in collaboration with the Benelux Chamber of Commerce Chapter Shanghai will co-host a seminar on China’s New Foreign Investment Law Briefing.
On March 15, 2019, the 13th National People’s Congress (NPC) approved Foreign Investment Law (FIL). The FIL will come into effect on January 1, 2020 with the current laws to Foreign Invested Enterprises (FIEs) being abolished at the same time. With the implementation regulations on how to enforce the FIL yet to be released, there are many questions about how FIEs will cope with these new changes during the 5 years transition period.
Experts from Dezan Shria will introduce the legislative background and high lights of the FIL, deliver what FIEs should be aware of, and analyse what the major changes to the Chinese foreign investment regime are.
- Historical Evolution
• FIEs were published to attract foreign investments and set forth legal foundations for the foreign investors practicing business in China
• Chaos and diversities co-exist among different local policies and practices; thereof pushed the increasing demand of a simplified and unified legislation to govern foreign investment
• Why passing the FIL
- Highlights of Changes & Impacts
• Innovated principles laid down by FIL
• Comparison between FIEs and FIL
• Issues to be clarified by supplementary regulations
08:00am Registration and Networking
08:30am-08:35am Opening address by BenCham SH
08:35am-09:45am Presentation by Dezan Shira & Associates
10:00am Closing words
- Lorena Miera Ruiz, Senior Associate, International Business Advisory
- Chenchen Liu, Business Advisory Services Senior Associate
Chenchen Liu works as a Senior Associate in Business Advisory team of Dezan Shira & Associates Shanghai office. She provides professional legal services in various aspects, including but not limited to business investment advisory, contract drafting and reviewing, labor disputes solving, intellectual property registration and M&A service.
Please note that this is a BenCham SH event. BenCham SH Member: 250 RMB | Non-member: 350 RMB
If any question, please contact: Phoebe Chen.