How to Optimize Your Tax Strategies Under the New IIT Law
On 14th May, Dezan Shira & Associaties in collaboration with the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China, will hold a seminar on optimizing your tax strategy in the context of China's new Individual Income Tax Law (IIT).
This seminar will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the new IIT law and its implication for both foreigners and Chinese citizens. IIT experts will be able to handle your enquiries and questions on site. More importantly, it will help you to develop and optimize your IIT strategies.
The New IIT Law, effective from 1st January 2019, brings significant changes to China’s individual income tax regime as well as foreigners in China. In this respect it is also important to understand when seconded foreign employees (sent to China by their HQ) are actually becoming subject to China's new IIT law. This seminar will cover the below topics:
Section 1: Key Changes of PRC Individual Income Tax (“IIT”) for Foreigners – Valeria Manunza
- New Criteria for China Tax Resident
- New 6-year Rule
- New Counting Method for Staying Days in China
- China Tax Resident Certificate
Section 2: How to Define Tax Liability and What are the Filing procedures – Amber Liu
- Defining Source of Income, from overseas or China?
- Different Tax Liability under Different Staying Days in China
- Different Tax Withholding Method for Tax Residents and Non-residents
Section 3: Preferential Tax Policies – Amber Liu
- Tax Exemption Benefits vs. Specific Additional Deductions
- Preferential Taxing Method For Annual Bonus during Transitional Period
- IIT incentives for GBA area
Section 4: Dispatching foreign employees to China - Amber Liu
- Can foreign employees establish a permanent HQ
- Tax Implication for the employer
- Tax Implication for employees
Section 5: Suggested Actions for the Company to Take – Valeria Manunza
- Internal Review of the Company Policy and Process
- Build IIT Strategies under the New Law
- Timely Update of the New Rules to foreign employees
Section 6: Q&A
Estimate time: 1.5-2 hours
Fee: Members: 100RMB | Non Members: 300RMB (Online payment is available for members. Click here for details)
Dezan Shira & Associates is offering all registrations to enjoy a special price at RMB 100.
For more information, please contact us.