The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented huge impact on China's textile and apparel industry. At the same time, the epidemic has pushed the development of Southeast Asian textile and apparel to the “suspension key”. The global textile and apparel industry will therefore lose more than US $ 1.5 billion (approximately RMB 10.4 billion) in export trade, according to the analysis report " by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Many international clothing brands based in Southeast Asia have successively cancelled or postponed orders. Textiles and footwear in Vietnam will fall by approximately 70% year-on-year in April and May 2020. Bangladesh ’s apparel exports fell by more than 20% year-on-year. India ’s comprehensive blockade extended. Textile and garment production, exports and employment in countries such as Cambodia and Myanmar are generally facing pressure.
- Now and Future: New Risks and Opportunities of China Textile and Apparel Industry amid-COVID-19
- The Future of US-China Trade: What Happens Now and What will They Go for Next?
- Is Anti-globalization Coming Soon and How will it Affect the China Textile and Apparel Industry?
- Asia Textile and Apparel Industry in the Post-COVID era: Opportunities and Challenges
- The Trend of Near Sourcing: How Might COVID-19 Affect Apparel Sourcing and Trade
- How will SEA Textile and Apparel Manufacturers Survive Amid-COVID-19 and Revive Post-COVID-19?
Time: Sep. 22, 2020
Venue: Shanghai, China
Organizer: ECV International
For more information and registration, please click here
Shanghai, China | September 22, 2020