US-China Trade War: Mitigating Risk in Uncertain Times
On October 3rd, Kyle Freeman, International Business Advisory Manager, will present on the US-China Trade War, sharing his insights to help businesses and individuals better understand what the current situation is and what they can do to mitigate their risks.
As the trade war between China and the U.S. escalates, Kyle Freeman whom is based in Beijing, the political center of China, will provide a “boots-on-the-ground” perspective of the issue.
In this webinar, Kyle will offer an overview of the tariffs and their effects on trade; examine domestic policy changes in China as a result of the trade war; and suggest some practical tariff management strategies.
- Overview of the Trade War: from tariffs to negotiations
- Basis of tariffs
- Overview of key issues in trade negotiations
- Effects on trade (e.g. trade data, economic growth, allocation of tariff costs between companies and consumers, etc.)
- Domestic measures in China as a response to the dispute
- Domestic (China) measures to stimulate economy & how foreign companies can take advantage of the policies
- New Foreign Investment Law (passed Apr. 2019, effective Jan. 2020)
- Tariff Management strategies
- Managing customs duties (e.g. customs value & unbundling, HS code reclassification, country of origin & value add, duty relief programs)
- Shifting sourcing / manufacturing & China +1 strategy
This webinar is free of charge. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Holly McCleery.
If you would like to register, please click below.