The United States and Vietnam are top trading partners, with bilateral trade between the two countries reaching $123,86 billion in 2022, according to the General Statistics Office of Vietnam. Vietnam’s main exports to the United States include electronics, textiles, footwear, seafood, and furniture, while the United States exports machinery, aircraft, agricultural products, and other high-tech goods.
Vietnam and Oregon have a strong and growing trade relationship, with trade between the two regions increasing steadily in recent years. In 2022, Oregon’s exported to Vietnam totaled $ billion, while Vietnam’s exports to Oregon totaled $. Oregon’s top exports to Vietnam include agricultural products, computer and electronic products, and transportation equipment. Vietnam’s top exports to Oregon include apparel, footwear, and furniture. In addition to these traditional trade areas, there is potential for further growth in new areas such as renewable energy, education, and tourism.
Why Attend the Forum?
The Vietnam-Oregon Business Forum aims to provide a wide range of benefits for businesses, individuals, and organizations looking to establish or strengthen business ties between Vietnam and Oregon. Here are a few reasons why you might consider attending:
- Access to Key Business Leaders: The Vietnam Oregon Business Forum provides an opportunity to network and connect with key business leaders from both Vietnam and Oregon. Attendees can meet potential business partners, suppliers, distributors, investors, and other key stakeholders.
- Business Insights: The forum provides a platform for discussing and sharing business insights, trends, and challenges in various industries. Attendees can learn from industry experts and get a better understanding of the business landscape in Vietnam and Oregon.
- Government Connections: The forum provides an opportunity to connect with government officials and agencies from both Vietnam and Oregon. This can be particularly beneficial for businesses looking to navigate the regulatory landscape and access government support and resources.
- Market Access: The forum provides an opportunity to explore new business opportunities and markets in Vietnam and Oregon. Attendees can gain insights into the latest trends, technologies, and products in various industries, and identify potential areas for collaboration and growth.
- Brand Exposure: The forum provides an opportunity to promote your brand and increase visibility among key stakeholders in Vietnam and Oregon.
- Potential Partnerships: The forum provides an opportunity to establish new partnerships and collaborations, which can be beneficial for expanding business operations and accessing new markets.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam
- Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco
- State of Oregon
Join us for the Vietnam Oregon Business Forum, an exclusive event where US companies can connect with Vietnam’s top government leaders, business executives, and industry experts. This event offers a unique opportunity to gain insights into one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia, connect with government officials and agencies from both Vietnam and Oregon, access to business leaders, promote your brand and increase visibility among key stakeholders, and establish new partnerships and collaborations.
Registration Fee: Free | Registration Deadline: May 12, 2023
|8:30||- Registration and networking
- Video presentation about Vietnam
|9:00||Introduction of the forum's objectives and participants (Mr. Douglas Smith, Port of Portland - MC)|
|9:05||Welcome remarks by Ambassador Hoang Anh Tuan, Consul General of Viet Nam in San Francisco, California|
|9:15||Keynote address by Mr. Vince Porter, Economic Development and Workforce Policy Advisor, Office of Governor Tina Kotek|
|9:25||Keynote address by Mr. Nguyen Hong Duong, Deputy Director General of Europe and America Markets Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam: Overview of the economic and business landscape in Vietnam and its relationship with the US and Oregon|
|9:35||Moderator: David Kohl, Global Trade Liaison for the OSBDCN Global Trade Center
Panelists: Mr. Nguyen Hong Duong (MOIT), Mrs. Quyen Pham (FPT America), Business Oregon, Nike, Columbia Sportswear, Intel.
- Discussion on ways to enhance bilateral trade, opportunities for Oregon companies to access Vietnam's market and vice versa, and trade policies affecting businesses in both regions
- Discussion about the investment climate in both regions, highlight sectors with high growth potential, and share success stories of companies that have invested in these regions
- Discussion on how companies in Vietnam and Oregon are leveraging technology to drive innovation and growth, key challenges and opportunities in the technology sector, and potential areas for collaboration
- Discussion on sustainable business practices and corporate social responsibility, including environmental sustainability, social impact, and ethical business practices in both Vietnam and Oregon
|11:00||Closing remarks and transfer to B2B meeting room|
In-Person Forum | Wednesday, May 17th, 2023 | 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM PT