HR Audit, Compliance and Risk Avoidance in Hiring Process
On 21st August, Dezan Shira's experts will deliver a speech and provide their insights into HR audit and the potential risks in hiring process for the British Chamber of Commerce Shanghai's HR focus group members.
Recruitment is not just a simple 'matching game' to choose the right candidates. But lots of companies didn’t recognise legal risks during hiring procedure, so many common practices may not be appropriate or compliant with local labor laws, which will bring the company risks.
Like a finance audit, an HR audit is an independent and objective evaluation of the current state of an organization's HR policies, practices, documentation, and systems.
An HR audit can alert a company about hidden HR-related problems and errors, as well as possible compliance issues against a backdrop of China's ever-evolving rules and regulations. This can allow an organization to establish best practices, thereby protecting it against possible operational and legal risk.
What will be discussed?
- In HR Audit session, you will learn:
- Why doing HR compliance audit is necessary? (case study included)
- How to do an HR compliance audit? What do we need to audit? (e.g. labor contract, employee handbook, HR internal process etc.)
- Which law or regulation do we need to rely on when facing audit problems?
- How to deal with audit problems? (E.g. employee handbook confirmation letter, over time policy & record etc.)
- In Recruitment Risk Avoidance session, we will talk about:
- What are the potential risks during recruitment process during the recruitment procedure?
- How to avoid and prevent these risks?
- Some case studies
14:00-14:30 Registration and Networking
14:30-14:35 Opening Introduction by Richard Wood, Chair of HR Focus Group
14:35-15:35 Keynote Presentations
15:35-16:00 Q&A Discussion and Event Closes
This event is for BritChamber Shanghai members only. Member price: RMB100
No-show Policy: Please note you must cancel your reservation in writing to the event contact BritChamber Shanghai staff 24 hours in advance. No-shows without prior notification will be charged a no-show fee of RMB100.
Walk-in Policy: Please note that members who attend the event without prior reservation will be charged an extra walk-in fee of RMB50 if spaces are still available.
For Registration, please click below registration button.
If any question, please contact: Phoebe Chen